Click on Building Permit Application listed above to obtain the on-line form.
NOTE: Not a legal description of requirements – only an aid.
Any building or improvement of 100 (one hundred) sq/ft or more requires a permit. The following information is required at time of application:
If applying for a building permit for a new residential dwelling, the applicant must have a valid sewage permit and driveway permit in hand at the time of completing the building permit application.
- Property owner’s name, present address and telephone number.
- Contractor’s name, address and telephone number
- Sketched plan showing the following:
- Property lines
- Existing structures
- Proposed structure(s) and size(s)
- Location of well and/or septic system, where applicable
- Sewage application number
- Driveway permit number
- Township driveway permit number (obtain prior to applying for building permit)
- State driveways permit number (highway occupancy permit). Obtain prior to application for building permit (Contact PennDOT at (717) 848-6230)
- Evidence of storm water management approval (if required by Township Engineer)
Construction in the Township other than residential may require the following:
- Land Development Plan
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry approval
Please contact the Township office for additional information. If needed, contact Land & Sea Services (Building Inspector) at (717)-677-7356.